This set includes 50 flat birth announcements and 50 flat personalized cards (4.25 x 5.5 inches) letterpress printed on 118-pound cotton paper. They can be customized to your heart’s content! Please see the last image of the listing for customization options, and in the notes to seller please specify:
1. ink color (choose 1)
2. envelope color (does not have to match the ink color choice)
3. font (choose 1 or 2 fonts; e.g., you may choose to have the name printed in a different font than the rest of the card)
4. paper color (white or ivory)
5. design for the top of the cards (choose an animal, one of the other objects, or use your baby’s initials)
6. layout (choose the basic layout, which includes just the important details of the birth, or include “We welcome with love…”
7. portrait (vertical) or landscape (horizontal) orientation
8. your baby’s information, typed exactly how you want it to be on the announcement and card
Note that the announcements and personalized stationery must be the same ink color, but the other details can differ. If you want more than 50 personalized cards, they can be ordered now at a discounted price. Please convo me for details.
The example here shows the elephant in the horizontal layout with “We welcome with love” with fuchsia ink and envelope on white paper with sans serif font 3. See other examples of layouts, fonts, and ink colors in the other listings in this section: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperInkPress?section_id=10032772
You can upgrade your announcements by adding a second ink color, return address printing on the envelope, or lined envelopes. Please convo me for details and an estimate.
We also offer just the birth announcements; please see my other listings for this option – http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaperInkPress?section_id=10032772 – or convo me for additional details.
Once I receive your information, a digital proof will be emailed in 1-2 business days. The announcements will ship 2-3 weeks after final approval of proof.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can the announcement be bigger so that I can add a photo to it?
In order to keep the cost of these cards as low as possible, they are set up to be one quarter of a standard sheet of paper, which allows me to get 4 cards per sheet. There isn’t really room to add a photo unless you want to include a small photo (about 2×2 inches) at the top instead of an icon or initials. Increasing the size of the card to make room to attach the photo will approximately double the cost. What most people do (and what I did for my own son’s announcement) is print the announcements on the small card and then include a separate photo. This way the recipient can keep the photo without having to tear it off the announcement. If you want to do this, the photo will have to be 3×5 or a 4×6 photo that you trim a tiny bit on the ends to fit into the envelope (about 5 3/4 inches wide).
2. Is it possible to get a different number of annoucements and note cards, or do I have to get 75 of each?
It is possible to get a different number of each. The price shown in this listing is for a total of 150 cards in any combination you want. You can choose to get 75 announcements and 75 note cards, 100 announcements and 50 note cards, or any other combination. I do require a minimum of 50 for each type of card.
3. What are the prices for other quantities?
The prices below indicate the cost of the total number of cards, in whatever combination you choose for your annoucements and stationery.
100 total cards (50 announcements, 50 note cards): $200
150 total cards: $265
200 total cards: $330
250 total cards: $375
I can also print the exact number of cards you want (after a minimum of 50), so the above numbers are a guide to indicate the cost per card and the discounts that are applicable at various quantities. Convo me for an estimate for a quantity other than what is shown above.
4. Can I get an ink color other than the 10 choices shown in the listing?
Yes. If you choose another ink color that I routinely stock, there is an additional $15 charge. If you would like a custom ink color, there is an additional $35 charge. Please convo me to discuss.
Have any questions?
Contact the shop owner.